Chocolate Beet Cake
Beth Versical created this Vegan, low-fat cake sweetened with Stevia. It’s almost like a muffin, but with the texture of a fudgy chocolate cake. Beth thinks it’s perfect with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. We believe you will enjoy this healthy cake. Here website is delectablyfree.com.
• 2 medium-sized beets, boiled and peeled, chopped
• ½ cup water
• 1 cup applesauce
• ½ cup light coconut milk ( shaken )
• ¼ cup coconut oil, liquified
• 1 teaspoon, plus 5 drops NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid™, or 5-10 additional drops for a sweeter cake
• 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill™ Garbanzo-Fava Bean Flour
• ½ cup organic potato starch ( NOT FLOUR )
• ½ cup good quality organic cocoa powder
• ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
• In blender or food processor, puree beets with water until smooth, like the texture of a really thin applesauce.
• Measure out 1 cup of the beet mixture & add to a mixing bowl. Whisk in the applesauce, coconut milk, coconut oil, & NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid & set aside.
• In separate bowl, whisk together the remaining DRY ingredients. Add the DRY ingredients to the wet & mix until everything gets incorporated.
• Grease a 9 X 1 ½ “ round cake pan with a little coconut oil. Pour batter in & spread until smooth on the top.
• Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean
• Let cool for approx. 15 minutes before slicing.