Reply to "Mercury and Metal Detox Discussion Thread"

Ariel,

I understand about not having time because of the exams too! I'm working on my master's degree at the moment, and I don't even have enough time to get my schoolwork done, let alone do a bunch of research on my health. I do a little bit here and there, when I have too much brain fog to really concentrate on schoolwork, or when I need a break from it....or unfortunately, when I'm procrastinating.....yikes! Smile I've had the Andy Cutler book sitting around my house for months, but I haven't touched it. I also have a book called Mercury Detoxification by Tom McGuire that is supposed to be great - he's a holistic dentist (email me if you want a copy of this particular one).

My doctor also had me try the foot patches....I only tried one box of them, which lasted about a week or so. They did have brown gook on them afterwards, but I figured that could have easily just been sweat (they make you sweat) mixed with the brownish herbs inside the patch....it's really hard to tell if it did anything. I've heard some people have had great luck with them though. But because I didn't feel any more clear or better, my doctor advised not to waste my money on any more.

If you have health insurance, there are some actual MDs that work with mercury toxic patients and are holistic, and insurance will cover the visits....these doctors are just few and far between though. Good luck with this, and feel free to email me anytime. There are also plenty of people doing this on their own on herballure if you need support of that nature. Since you plan on going it alone, just be careful and go slow with whatever you choose to do, and I wish you the best of luck with it!

~Tia

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.