Reply to "Mercury and Metal Detox Discussion Thread"

Ariel,

I think the bentonite and psyllium would be good for anyone - it helps clear out the gook in your digestive track, which tends to build up for years and create a hospitable environment for the yeast and other bad bacteria. The purge acts as a colon clease to get that build-up out, so it's super helpful and a good place to start. Tarilee will have to recommend whether or not to take the antifungal with the purge or without. You can order the caproyl from WA, but I bet shipping would be pretty rough to Australia...

Did your doctor recommend the DMSA and ALA, or are you researching and chelating on your own? I would go with your doctor's recommendations if you have one, and if not, try to seek one out to help guide you through this. I have no expertise on mercury at all, but I know that a lot of people use ALA later on in their chelation, and don't typically use it early on. I would also hesitate to get aggressive with chelation unless you think you at least have your candida levels under control - it totally depends on the severity of your yeast to begin with, but a lot of people have to treat longer than 6 months to get it under wraps. It sounds like you've already thought about that, and I do know what you mean about stagnating, because I had that happen to me, and I had to move to additional treatments to compliment my candida treatment too (mercury, thyroid, adrenal, hormones). I just want to recommend making sure you're ready for the chelation, and truly have stagnated (give it some time) before diving into this. And not to sound patronizing, because I had the same thing happen. I actually probably gave it tooo long after stagnating before trying additional treatments, but it's just something to think about.

If you are interested in reading more information about DMSA, a lot of people follow Andrew Cutler's protocol that he outlines in his book "Amalgam Illness: Diagnosis and Treatment". There is also a yahoo groups that is dedicated to people following Cutler's protocol...I think it is called Adult Metal Chelation. Hal Huggins is another author to read up on. I think Klinghardt is another well-known mercury expert. And there is the herballure forum as a non-expert resource for sharing info and support.

Sandi - thanks for that list of prerequisites for chelation. I don't know when I will start chelation, but I plan on finally using that bottle of Milk Thistle Combo to help clear out my liver before chelation. And I'm currently treating the adrenals and thyroid...without much luck (symptoms haven't improved)....but that one seems to be a catch 22. You can strengthen them to a certain degree, but can't heal them until the mercury is out. And I think I have my yeast under as much control as it can be without getting rid of the metals, but I think I will do a month or two of the purge with the caproyl again before the chelation - I did the best with that phase of the treatment.

Alright, have a lovely night ladies.

~Tia

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.