Reply to "How to explain to others..."

Boy oh boy, you women are just awesome! I love the ideas presented here and the way you have all stepped in to offer your ingenious coping strategies to each other. This kind of sharing is SO important.

I fully agree with Tia that just stating matter of factly, something along the lines of, "I have digestion problems and they result in multiple food intolerances.", is the most detail you need to get into. If you take firm responsibility for what you can and can't eat and do not act apologetically or embarassed, they will more quickly develop respect and acceptance around your decisions about what is right for your health. If they press you can clearly state that you will feel ill if you eat foods other than the ones you tolerate well and leave it at that. If necessary, again, you can affirm that you choose only to eat foods that make you feel good. Getting into the details with anyone other than close friends just exposes you to uninformed judgements from the folks who don't understand.

Then all you have to do is resist the temptation to eat foods that will make you feel ill! Lao Tzu, a famous Taoist teacher says, "I can resist anything except temptation." Big Grin

Take good care guys and keep up the great work!

love2 Tari-Lee

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.