Reply to "How to explain to others..."

Hi girls, this is exactly what I went through at my aunt's in April when my father died, and it is tough...and my resolve wasn't as good as normal either. But as we go along, it will get easier and it will become second nature to us.

But next month I am going to a wedding and I will be staying with a cousin that is just absolutely famous for her "down home" cooking...and she is a real skeptic when it comes to my "way of eating." Almost everything she cooks is either loaded with mayo, sugar, cheese or cream. And her desserts, ohmygawd, a nightmare for candida fighters. I am not really looking forward to this trip just because food is such a huge part of their everyday life, and at a wedding, well, I can only imagine. I hope I don't come back looking like little Lotta...remember the comic book?

What really drives me nuts is when they make a dessert with light jello or aspartame and that should work for our "diet" and then you have to tell them that you can't eat artificial sweeteners either Eek...and then they look at you totally flabbergasted and think that you have really flipped your wig. Winky

Wish me luck, I will surely need it. Yes

hearthrobSandi

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.