*Sweet Muffins--revised/improved

These are my favorite muffins! Even people not on the diet like them. I make them with 3/4 c of almond flour and 3/4 cup ground flax to make them without limits.

Pathwaytohealth- I bake them at 375 and they come out fine. They probably work fine either way, just watch them. 1/4 cup of flour is 1 limit, so if you are using 1/4 c in the whole recipe, you could eat all of them if you wanted and it would be 1 limit. If you ate half of them, it would be 1/2 limit and so on. Or, you can make them as I do above and not even count them as a limit.
these really are sweet! I made them tonight so that my son could take one to his school party tomorrow- of course I had to try them! so there is a lot of vegetable glycerine: anyone know how much V.G. equals a limit?
it's a great recipe that seems very versitile: I look forward to playing around with it and experimenting with different flavors!
-Sara
thanks sarah- I think I'll use less sweetener next time- they are all so different, you really dont know until you try.
I finally got smart and printed out recipes to make a recipe book so that I can make notes on them for future reference. My book has become quite full and it makes me happy to see all the recipes I *can* have!
I altered the recipe with happy results.
I added a cup of canned pumpkin to add some sweetness and dropped the stevia down to 1/2 a teaspoon as I find it's bitterness unpleasant. I also added a teaspoon chicory root powder- "Just Like Sugar" and skipped the glycerin since I did not have any.
I used Bob's Red Mill gluten free baking mix instead of amaranth flour.
They are great muffins and can take quite a bit of adaptation. Mary Barnett
Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum!!

Thanks for posting these ideas. I happen to have some pumpkin just waiting for an easy recipe. And I have some gluten free baking mix, too, just waiting to be used.

I'm going to give this a try! This is one of my favorite recipes.

GayAnn
Today was my son's birthday party and I had intended to make 'tia's chocolate cake' cupcakes but messed up and ran out of sunflower seeds. I made this recipe instead and added some cocoa (since we had chocolate cupcakes for the guests and wanted my son to have the 'same'). I frosted them with chocolate mousse. I think I liked them even better than the chocolate cake recipe (though it is an awesome recipe)- very moist and easy to make.
YAY!
I just made these yesterday. They didn't taste that great right out of the oven, but after sitting for awhile, with some butter on top, they were addicting! I think I only used 1/2 T of pure stevia and the lesser amount of glycerin. I also used kefir instead of the coconut, bcz I didn't want to open a can for that little bit. I may try it though, and double the recipe. Also used guar gum. Everyone liked them, except the picky DD hasn't tried them yet.
Okay, I have made these twice in the past week because my children and my husband (AMAZINGLY) LOVED them!! I am just learning how to bake on this diet and this recipe is the only one so far that has turned out not only good....but DELICIOUS! I baked them as mini-muffins and put a couple in my daughters lunch each day.
Thanks so much for the recipe! Smile

Add Reply

Likes (0)

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.