Sugar-Free, Raw Lemon and Coconut Balls
Casey of Australia created a very sweet, rich and decadent tasting dessert using healthy fats, lemon, and Stevia. The flavor is so rich, one or two may be enough to satisfy your sweet craving, leaves more for later!
Source of this recipe is Casey Lorraine. com
• 1 avocado
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Zest of half a lemon
• 4 tablespoons of coconut flour (or possibly use desiccated coconut i.e.; dried & shredded form of coconut containing very low moisture)
• NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid to taste
• Pinch of sea salt
• Place the avocado, lemon juice, and Stevia in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, Process until well combined.
• Taste the mixture now to check the sweetness level meets your desire & add more Stevia to taste. You still need to add the coconut flour, so you want the mixture to be slightly sweeter than you want the end result to be.
• If the mixture doesn’t stick, try adding a bit more water (tablespoon at a time), and then process again until the mixture sticks, but isn’t runny. If it’s too runny, add a bit more coconut flour to thicken. The right measurements are very much dependent on how big your avocado and lemon are, therefore adjust as needed.
• Form the mixture into small balls & place in container for freezing or refrigerating.
• You can coat the balls in desiccated coconut or coconut flour if desired.
• I prefer these balls after approx. 1 hour in the freezer making the outside firm & the middle still soft, reminds me of a truffle! Freeze all the way through or just refrigerate as desired.