Dense & Fudgy, Stevia Sweetened Brownies
Ricki Heller, PhD, RHN, of Canada, is the author of Sweet Freedom ; Desserts you’ll love without wheat, eggs, dairy, or refined sugar. Ricki loves developing recipes using ALL-NATURAL Stevia, and she recently provided this delicious ACD-friendly recipe. Decadence never tasted so sweet !
Diet Dessert and Dogs is Ricki's website. She includes stage three and four recipes as well some with sweeteners appropriate for after recovery.
• 4 oz. Good quality unsweetened chocolate
• 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste) or smooth natural almond butter
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, preferably organic
• 1/4 cup carob powder
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 2 cups very soft cooked black beans, rinsed & drained well
• 1 cup unsweetened chocolate or vanilla almond milk, or unsweetened soymilk
• 1/2 cup yacon syrup, or agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce, Tamari, or Bragg’s, or 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder, or 1/2 tsp. wattleseed. ( these all help intensify the chocolate flavor )
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 3/4 cup packed sweet potato puree
• 1/4 cup finely ground flax seeds
• 35-45 drops of NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid
( Makes approx. 25 small squares )
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8” square pan with parchment paper, or use nonstick spray.
• In small, heavy-bottomed pot over very low heat, melt the chocolate, tahini, & coconut oil, stirring constantly until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from heat & allow to sit another minute or so, stir again to melt all the chocolate then set aside.
• In high-speed blender, mix the beans, almond milk, yacon syrup, soy sauce, vanilla, sweet potato puree, flax & Stevia Liquid; blend well until smooth. Add chocolate mixture & blend again until well combined.
• Turn the blended mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients & stir until well combined. Pour the the batter into prepared pan & smooth the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes, rotating pan approx. halfway through, until toothpick in center comes out moist, but clean. Cool to room temp. then refrigerate until cold before cutting. Store covered in refrigerator up to 4 days.May be frozen if any left,DOUBT IT!