Anyway, here's the recipe:
* 1/2 cup flax seed meal (grind whole flax in a coffee grinder)
* 2 tablespoons coconut flour
* 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
* 10 tablespoons protein powder (I use rice)
* 3 tablespoons carob powder
* 1/8 teaspoon stevia powder (or to taste)
* 1/3 cup almond butter
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup water (more or less, as necessary)
1. Mix all dry ingredients well.
2. Mix together almond butter and coconut oil in a small cup (if the oven is warm (not hot!) I place it in there for a minute to soften it before stiring.
3. Add almond butter and oil to dry ingredients and mix WELL (I actually use my hands to do this). The mixture will be rather dry and crumbly.
4. Add vanilla extract and water (I'd recommend adding water gradually, starting with 1/4 cup, so you don't overdo it) and mix well.
5. Grease a 9x9 pan (or similar size) and press dough into pan. I press for a few minutes with my hand to create a consistent thickness.
6. Chill in the fridge for several hours to set, then cut into approximately 6 pieces. Wrap each one individually for a quick snack, or store them with wax paper in-between.
Great Snack for mid morning though for your first think in the am breakfast you might want a more alkalizing food like veggies to wake both your body and your digestion up gradually. If you plan to have a very light breakfast, like a smoothie or a raw veggie breakfast, or even just a veggie only meal, this would make a wonderful follow up when the tummy starts to growl around ten!