*Lemon brown rice pancakes

1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
1-2 T lemon rind
water (as needed for thickness) I like them lite
1/4 cup (estimated) ghee or coconut oil
1/2 tsp all spice
and unsalted *butter for the pan, if you add baking powder and put these in muffin tins they are great with or without stevia

bake @ 350 for about 1/2 hour (test at 25 minutes)
Original Post
Wendy,
I'm not sure but I made a batch of chocolate cup cakes for my daugher over the weekend and i used 1/2 tsp of powder and soda and they rose wonderfully. my batter was only about a cup of dry ingredients so if that helps with the other recipe that's great. i'm not great at measuring i just sort of go with the moments.

p.s. i made cashew butter chocolate cup cakes for the little one and she seems to like it.

ruthie
hope this helps... i'd still rather have a banana or something natural and healthy. Big Grin
Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried making the muffins. I changed a few things I did't have all spice, so I added 1/4 t. nutmeg and 1/2 t. cinn, I think I could have added more I also added 1 t. stevia/chicolin, but they still didn't turn out very sweet. I added 1/2 t. baking powder and soda. I thinned them out with water until the consistency was about like cake batter.

The are okay, they baked well, stayed together and came out of the muffin pan fine, but I think they need a little more work. They taste alot like flour.

I am excited about trying the pancake version. I think they will probably turn out better. I am trying to dream up a lemon sauce that we could have on top of them.

If you fill six muffin cups evenly you will probably need to bake them about 15-20 min.

Add Reply

Likes (0)

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.