Indoor herb garden

I have heard one of the ways to restore gut flora is to eat food right out of the garden, so I am looking for something to do during the winter months. I was thinking of trying to do an herb garden. I know the main benefit is from eating the vegetables from the soil, so what should I use to grow the herbs. Should I use and organic mix that I buy or should I go get some soil from my outdoor garden. It's warm right now so I could do that. Do you have any input with this?

Original Post

What a fun idea. I've not tried using outdoor soil indoors. If you buy a mix it will be sterilized for easier seed germination. I personally would try the real live stuff first but as I say, I've not done it. There are tutorials on Youtube for setting up winter indoor gardens.

Soil based microorganisms from Nature are a great source. And for therapeutic levels we also have this product in a capsule as well as the more conventional probiotics

Fermented vegetables, kimchi, sauerkraut, water kefir drinks, and kombucha are also healthy foods to try to diversify your intestinal flora.

Take good care,

Thanks Tarilee, I'll give it a try!! 

I am so super sensitive to everything I wanted to start out slower and go with the vegetables out of the garden for a little while before I introduced the SBX, but I definitely wanted to add it in later on. Or do you think the SBX would be the way to go first?

Add Reply

Likes (0)

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.