Easy and delicious low carb breakfast cookies! Whip up a batch of these soft lemon poppyseed breakfast cookies before the rest of the family is even awake.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut meat ground (shredded coconut blended in a bullet blender works)
- 3 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Zest of one and a half lemons
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 T stevia/inulin mix (good tasting blend of high quality components at Whole Approach)
- 1/4 tsp plus liquid stevia extract to taste
- 2 1/2 T chicolin/stevia
- 1 T lemon Juice
- 3 T coconut milk or cream
- pinch lemon zest or drop of lemon oil
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat ghee, sweetener, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and stevia extract. Beat in almond flour mixture until well combined. If mix is too dry, add more coconut milk. If too wet, add more coconut meat ground.
- Form by hand into even sized balls. Flatten with the palm of your hand to about 1/2 inch thick circles.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until set and just barely brown around the edges. Remove and let cool on pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sweetener and enough lemon juice to make a thin glaze. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Notes adapted from a recipe from all day I dream about food