Are you longing for a yummy bread for picnics and potlucks this summer! Here's the first of three bread recipes to try on for size!
by Andre Anna, posted on Life as a Plate website
- 3/4 c. coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 c. flax meal
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder (we use Rumford or Clabber Girl, but if you want to be totally “grain-free” use this easy recipe for your own baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp salt (3/4 if using unsalted ghee)
- 1 tsp. onion powder - optional
- 1/8 c. sesame seeds (plus 1 tbsp)
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. melted butter (1/2 c. melted coconut oil or if you’re just casein-free you can use ghee)
- 2 tbsp sour cream (or Greek yogurt) (2 tbsp plain coconut yogurt plus 2 tsp melted coconut oil)
- Combine dry ingredients (except the 1 tbsp extra sesame seeds).
- Combine beaten eggs, and sour cream and beat into dry mixture. Add melted butter.
- Pour into 9×5 loaf pan, sprinkle with the extra sesame seeds
- Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes.
- Make a sandwich.
- Put remaining in refrigerator as due to its high-egg content it will stay fresher longer.