Genetic Roulette by the Institute of Responsible Technology 1 hour 19 minutes.
At least 80% of all soy, canola, alfalfa, cottonseed, sugar beet, papaya, and corn products are genetically modified a rice and other foods are being increasingly switched now. Buy organic and or/certified non-GMO foods that include byproducts of any of the above.
"The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) urges doctors to prescribe non-GMO diets for all patients. They cite animal studies showing organ damage, gastrointestinal and immune system disorders, accelerated aging, and infertility. Human studies show how genetically modified (GM) food can leave material behind inside us, possibly causing long-term problems. Genes inserted into GM soy, for example, can transfer into the DNA of bacteria living inside us, and that the toxic insecticide produced by GM corn was found in the blood of pregnant women and their unborn fetuses.
Numerous health problems increased after GMOs were introduced in 1996. The percentage of Americans with three or more chronic illnesses jumped from 7% to 13% in just 9 years; food allergies skyrocketed, and disorders such as autism, reproductive disorders, digestive problems, and others are on the rise. Although there is not sufficient research to confirm that GMOs are a contributing factor, doctors groups such as the AAEM tell us not to wait before we start protecting ourselves, and especially our children who are most at risk.
The American Public Health Association and American Nurses Association are among many medical groups that condemn the use of GM bovine growth hormone, because the milk from treated cows has more of the hormone IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1)―which is linked to cancer.
The other reasons explained in detail in the above article include:
2. GMOs contaminate―forever.
3. GMOs increase herbicide use.
4. Genetic engineering creates dangerous side effects in nature and in health
5. Government oversight is dangerously lax.
6. The biotech industry uses "tobacco science" corrupt methods to claim product safety.
7. Independent research and reporting is suppressed.
8. GMO's harm the environment
9. GMO's are not increasing yields or helping the hunger problem.
10. By avoiding GMO's you vote with your dollar, to push us towards the tipping point of consumer rejection that forces companies to remove them from our food supply.
Note: The above article provides a summary only. For details about the extensive science that has been effectively quieted by big agribusiness lobbying and promotion of doubt (see comments section for examples), see the websites specific resources and the video linked to above. The website's FAQ also offers a broader summary.