Hey everyone! you have GOT to try this stew i made last night! I know it sounds like an odd combo but it turns out sooo good!!
i got the recipe off the net somewhere and modified it a bit:
2 chicken leg/thigh pieces
7 cups water
1 head of kale
1 can of pumpkin
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tsps grated fresh ginger (more or less to taste)
salt and pepper
1. first, make a makeshift chicken broth: add olive oil, the chopped onion, salt, pepper and the chicken pieces in a large pot on med heat
2. saute and brown both sides of the chicken..cook until onions are soft
3. add water salt and pepper and bring to boil, simmer for at least a half hour (or whatever time allows)
4. blanch the kale in another pot with just enough water to cover it for about 5 min (blanching means cooking it in boiling water for a few minutes) this takes some of the bite out of the kale
5. once the chicken broth is done,take out the chicken pieces and cut them into bite size bits and add back to the pot (toss the bones etc)
Then add in the pumpkin, chopped zucchini, and blanched kale as well as the spices and adjust salt and pepper to taste
6. simmer for at least another 30 minutes and VOILA! you got yourself a gourmet stew!!
ENJOY!! please let me know how it turns out!