I just got home tonight having had 3 of my 7 amalgam fillings removed. The dentist I chose came highly recommended and I had spoken to him twice on the phone before today's consultation.
He firstly took xrays to assess the size of each filling and then did a mercury vapour test, which actually showed a low to average reading. He then measured the electrical charge being emitted by each filling and this showed one filling as emitting a charge higher he said than he had seen in quite a number of weeks. Based on this he decided to replace this filling and the 2 beside it on the bottom also. He put a mask over my eyes and nose which I could breathe through and stressed that I don't breathe through my mouth during the drilling. He also clamped a suction device around each tooth being drilled. I was surprised but the drilling didn't take that long. I now have 3 nice White fillings and I cannot wait to get rid of the rest of the horrible metal.
The dentist told me to see how I feel oner the next few days but warned I may experience sensitivity for a few weeks as the nerve endings previously in contact with mercury "re-awaken". Assuming (and hoping) I don't have any toxicity from the removal the plan is to have 3 more done next time (1 is root canalled but he isn't overly concerned with this) and the remaining 1 on my final visit. All going well I hope to have no metal in my mouthby the end of the month.
As for supplements I am taking chlorella, vitamin c and garlic along with my usual others.
Feeling good for having taken this big (hopefully positive and complicaton free!) step. Hopefully also this is one of the last further major missing pieces towards renewed health and energy for me and anybody else out there going through this.
My dentist gave me 2 DVDs to watch on this issue and it really is shocking and scary the practice of mercury dentistry carries on today in the presence of such good alternatives.