Search

Re: Cultured Brown Rice Flour - Okay for Stage 1?

Linda L. ·
Right now I am just glad I found a bread I could eat, readily available!...I haven't had a slice of toast in 2 months! Seriously, though, since I work full time, am out several nights a week and only have time to bake on the weekends, I have more money than time. I have tried making some of the WA baked goodies with mixed success--I am discovering that there is something of a learning curve in GF baking! So it is slow going right now while I try to find what foods will work best for me. I...
Topic

Substitute for buttermilk?

Linda L. ·
I have a super recipe for blender millet waffles but it requires buttermilk along with the baking soda and baking powder to supply the leavening.  I am sure that one of the accepted milks will work for this, but would you add something else as...

Re: Cultured Brown Rice Flour - Okay for Stage 1?

Linda L. ·
The products are from Sami's Bakery out of Tampa, FL. If you want to check them out, their website is http://samisbakery.com/ I know we will all want to know what you think. The ingredients for the millet flax bread are as follows: Organic Millet Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Water, Aluminum Free Baking Powder, Sea Salt, Organic Ground Flax Seed, Cultured Brown Rice Flour, Ascorbic acid. I tried a hamburger bun (same ingredients) with some WA rhubarb jelly and it was just awesome! However, they...
Topic

Cultured Brown Rice Flour - Okay for Stage 1?

Linda L. ·
In our local health food store I found the most beautiful gluten free millet and flax bread and hamburger rolls (bagels too but they had brown sugar in them), and the only questionable ingredient I found in them was "cultured brown rice flour." ...

Re: *Rhubarb Jelly

Linda L. ·
What's kudzu starch? Can you use arrowroot instead?

Re: Need to Gain Weight

Linda L. ·
Thank you! I will get ahold of that nutritional almanac.

Linda L. ·
Thanks, Tarilee! Right now I have been eating simply and trying to get about that amount of veggies. I typically eat a grain cooked cereal and a serving of squash or sweet potato to start the day, with a salad and protein (egg or meat) at lunch, and more protein (sometimes beans and rice) and steamed veggies in the evening; I am trying a spoonful of flaxseed oil with the squash, and am generous with the olive oil on my salad. Again, I know I must be cautious with grains, so I am relying on...

Linda L. ·
Thanks so much! I did purchase the enzymes and I have been looking at the weight postings. I have also been browsing the natural food stores, other websites and getting ideas, like this one: someone spoke of hemp hearts. What about hemp protein to mix, say, with almond milk? (I used to use whey protein when I needed to gain weight before--of course I know that is off limits now. Also brown rice protein, because much of it includes rice syrup another no no right?) No surprise, I have thyroid...
Topic

Need to Gain Weight

Linda L. ·
Hi Everyone,I just joined, so have not had a chance to take in everything on the forum, but I am looking for some quick links to past posts or whatever advice you can offer.  I have been on the strict diet for three weeks and...

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.