Search

Re: NOVOCAIN TOXINS IN THE SYSTEM?

Newt ·
I will stop by the health store at lunch for the Arinica since I have all the rest of the stuff. I searched the past posts about it and it sounds like great stuff. Thanks again for the great advice Tarilee Newt
Topic

NOVOCAIN TOXINS IN THE SYSTEM?

Newt ·
I was not the brightest yesterday and I can not even claim brain fog in all honesty. The end result was a cut finger. My husband was nervous and made me go to the urgent care center instead of taping it closed myself. Two plus hours later I have one...

Re: Meditation...A quote from Cristiane Northrup, M.D.:

Newt ·
Tarilee I just wanted to thank you for recommending these for me. I ordered the tapes/cds you recommended and have found them really useful. It is a refreshing way to view life in general. It makes me feel like I am not just flowing through life without the ability to control the effect things have on me. I am not trying to say that all my problems are solved but it is nice to view them in a different way. I must say that I have not got the hang of the actual meditaion part yet but I am...

Re: Charcoal

Newt ·
Thanks for the encouragement Sandy. They were really helpful at the health store. And the charcoal worked really good. I actually did not read your email about the probiotics until this morning. But that is a really good idea. Thanks, Newt
Topic

Charcoal

Newt ·
HelloIt has been a bit since I have posted anything on here and plesantly it is not because I have fallen off the band wagon but more so because everything has been going really good. I have been sticking to the diet and following the protocal. But...

Re: *Yogurt Cheese Balls

Newt ·
These sound like really tasty and great for when you have guests over. Thanks

Re: Fear and Self-loathing

Newt ·
Hang in there Elsa, My reactions are not as sever as yours but I am in a similar boat. I have noticed through out my life that I tend to eb and flow with how well I am able to follow strict guidlines and this lifestyle change is no exeption. I took a step back about two weekends ago and I have been spending the last few weeks trying to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for your post. It was helpful for me. As Kasey's Mom said it's a journey. Sometimes we need to take a step back to...

Newt ·
Wow I am really looking forward to my cd and tape now. I ordered "Beginner's guide to meditation" & "Shinzen's 20 minute relaxation" I am also thinking that I should maybe order one for my sister-in-law. It lookes like my brother and sister-in-law will be getting a divorce and she(well both of them actually) really need some guidance and strength that I can not give. Would you recommend the "Breaking through difficult emotions" or is there one that is better suited for her. Aside from...

Re: cane juice/cane sugar

Newt ·
Hello Bethg Sugar cane feeds candida so it is an avoid. The only sweeteners that I know to be okay are stevia and vegetable glycerine. Speaking for myself I have tried to cut out all sweeteners at one point and was not able to do it for very long. I like stevia and found that I do not feel like I am being deprived since there is an alternative. So I guess that I use it as a crutch in a sense but since I have changed so many other things in my eating habbits, this it not something I feel...

Newt ·
Tari-lee I ordered a tape and cd from the Shinzen webpage you recommended. I have not tried meditation before and it was nice to get pointed in a direction. My stress load is really heavy right now. A family member is going going through a really tough marital situation that is affecting me more than I anticipated. I could really use some help myself so that I can be there for them. I know this is not really related to the WA program but I just wanted to thank you. I am learning that the...

Re: B R E A D

Newt ·
Elsa I feel your pain. Germany has the best breads in the world. I am biased because my parents are German and I lived in German for a year in college. Your will power is really being put to the test over there. Hang in there. I have tried to redirect my food cravings toward different foods. Everytime I want potato chips I try to find some other crunchy food to fill its place like carrots. It does not really reduce my cravings but I am usually not hungary afterwards so it is kind of solved.

Re: *"Milk" Chocolate

Newt ·
Hello folks, I just wanted to share that for those really special occasions and rare. This milk chocolate tastes killer on frozen vanilla rice dream. It is just like magic shell, actually better than I remember magic shell because it tastes like chocolate and not chemicals. Instead of putting it in the freezer pour some over your frozen rice dream. I know this is not a really healthy snack but I will never miss ice cream again since I know there is an alternative. Newt

Re: Acidophilus Refrigeration

Newt ·
Hey Meg I found it. If you on on the main page it is in:General Featured porducts/additional resources and it is the third one down I do not remember the name but it is something to do about probiotics. It has a lot of good info in it. I hope that helps. Newt

Re: ph question

Newt ·
Me again I also remember reading in one of the candida books to brush your teeth with baking soda. This is just one more thing to confuse me regarding the acid/alkaline thing. Thanks, Newt
Topic

ph question

Newt ·
Hello I think that I am over thinking things and so I have seemed to confuse myself on what made sense before. I was reading in the womens section that vinegar helps with YI because candidia can not live in an acidic envorinment. And I also know that...

Re: not sure if it is YI but it is still unpleasant

Newt ·
Sandi I have been a little low on my daily water. Thanks for the reminder. I really appreciate your support. thanks you Newt

Re: not sure if it is YI but it is still unpleasant

Newt ·
Hey Jennifer, I am sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. I hope things get better for you soon. I am so greatful for all this support. I will try the aloe for sure. I will be placing an order at WA and I will try some of the other products too. Thanks And thank you Tari-lee for the post. I really appreciate all the time you give to us here at the forum. Your guidence has really made this path a lot less intimidating. Newt

Re: Vinegar question

Newt ·
Thanks Ladies I found the post in the archives about apple cider vinegar.
Topic

not sure if it is YI but it is still unpleasant

Newt ·
Sorry to share my issue with you all but I am really frustrated and do not seem to be making any improvement on a situation. For about a week or two I have been having what I thought was a yeast infection or possibly die off. It has all been external...
Topic

Xylitol sweetener?

Newt ·
I have been researching around on the web and found a web page that clamed xylitol(birch sugar)"... is the ONLY natural sweetener that does NOT promote tooth decay and gum disease which is why it is used in premium toothpaste and mouthwash. Third, in...
Topic

Vinegar question

Newt ·
In my search about candidia I seam to remember that some other candidia diets allowed apple cider vinegar. I know that is not the case here but I was just wondering if someone could explain to me why. Does it have to do with ph/alkaline? The reason...

Re: Growing Sprouts

Newt ·
Hey Kasey's Mom Here is what I learned about sprouting beans. The hard beans I was talking about are beans that never soak up any water during the soak. They are usually easy to notice because they tend to sink and look just like when you first put them in the water. If you do not notice them then you will when you are ready to eat your sprouts, they will not have sprouted. This is natures little survival so for things like heavy rains and stuff. If they are not washed away they can still...

Newt ·
Thanks for the tips and web page Tari-Lee. I was also conserned about mold possibility. Kasey's Mom- I have done both. I bought some dry organic bean from a health store with great sucess and I also ordered some alfalfa seeds and a salad mixed seeds on the internet from fronter coop when I bought my maple flavoring. Just make sure to read about hard beans or seeds, they can be painful on the teeth if you do not remove. Newt

Newt ·
Hello Kasey's mom I have just started growing sprouts myself. It is a lot easier than I thought. I checked out a book from the library "The Sprouting Book" by Ann Wigmore. It had a lot of go information including soaking & sprouting time for various basic seeds. I have just been using a half galon mason jar with slotted seeding lids I bought at a health store but you could use a nylon or get creative. My husband was so funny everyday he would give me an update about their progress. I...

Re: Cheese style yogurt(kefir cheese) okay or not?

Newt ·
Thanks for the advice Tari-lee. Are there any particular side affects that you know of that I should really look out for? I have cut most dairy. I know that milk caused instant mucus in my throat, once I realized how obvious the effect was. I am still working on the tracking and rotating. I have been eating yogurt about once a week without any apparent issues and I must say I am trying to reduce my butter intake but that is a really tought one for me. Thanks, Newt
Topic

Cheese style yogurt(kefir cheese) okay or not?

Newt ·
When I was in Trader Joe's yesterday I found this meditrranean cheese style yogurt. It sounded good and possibly okay to eat since it was a sort of yogurt. I bought it because if it is not okay for me, my husband will probably love it. Anyways I...

Re: my progress report

Newt ·
Hello, Sandi I just wanted to give mention a quick tid bit. I do actually have a vitamix and truely love it. I have had it for about four years now. The only way we could justify it was if we used it everyday for the first year we bought it. Which we pretty much did and since I have been on this program I have been using it constantly especially to make fresh flours. But it still does not quite cut it as a vegetable juicer. Aside from that green shake recipe I posted last week. I have not...

Re: Desperate for advice after blood analysis

Newt ·
Hello Adam Tari-lee will be able to give you more information about tests. I just wanted to comment on the yucky taste and the WA approch in general. I know what you mean about the nasty taste. I have found that when I eat more alkaline foods(vegies, especially raw) it seems to go away. And I have not actually seen a ND or even MD for that matter about my suspected candidia. There is a questionare on the WA webpage that you can take. That can give you a good idea if you should start this...

Re: how do i tell im im allergic to a certain food?

Newt ·
Hey Meranda Welcome to the forum. I am pretty new here too. Since I have started this I have found out that I have some food allergies but I am still not exactly sure what they are. I am still trying to investigate this with my handy food diary but I am still a little overwhelmed so it will probably take me a while. I did not know that I had any food allergies until my simptoms went away. I just started to follow the diet and avoided as many of the common allergens as possible. Wheat, dairy,...
Topic

*Green Veggie Blendie

Newt ·
I got this recipe from Deborah Johnson's web page. She wrote "The feel good food guide" It is definately a different kind of breakfast but I kind of liked it. My husband was not so fond of it. So you might want to cut the whole thing in half so it is...

Re: *Pumkin seed pancakes

Newt ·
Hello Wendy Sorry they were chewy, I did not experience that. My only suggestions are to make sure the pumkin seeds are ground really fine before you add the hot water. You might have to stir them up a few time between blending them. And also the batter will be really thick so make sure when you scoop it into the pan to flatten it out a bit if possible. I hope they turn out alright for you next time. Newt

Re: Phase 1

Newt ·
Hello Karen, I just learned last week that if you shake up the colon ****tail it works a lot better. I use old 8oz. yogurt containers. They are not leak proof so shake it over the sink but works really good, no more clumps. Newt

Re: *Pumkin seed pancakes

Newt ·
I am glad you liked it. Since I have started this program. I have been rotating hot cereals for breakfast and inevitably blowing my limits. I am now trying to reprogram myself with new options. It is not a fast process but I am getting there. Newt

Re: *Super Simple Qunina Pancakes

Newt ·
Hello Luna Good luck starting the program. I do not know all the answers to your questions but I will answer what I can. Baking powder and baking soda are okay. Carob is a limit I think? Milk from cows is an avoid but rice or almond milk are limits. Soy products are limits but use them sparingly, many people have allergies to soy. I am pretty sure salmon is an okay and seltzer water is okay. If you want Tarilee the moderator to respond to your questions post them in the Candidia diet Q &...

Re: any ideas on sport gel & drink alternatives?

Newt ·
Thanks Tari-lee and Tia I went back over the diet information. I will use any of these bars very sparingly. I also found a recipe for carrot survival sticks in a book I checked out from the library. Everything in them in the okay or limits for us. I will post the recipe if they are edible. They sound promising. And thanks for another option Tia every bit helps. Newt

Re: TOXIN SUCKER FOOT PADS, SCAM OR DO THEY REALLY WORK?

Newt ·
Thanks for the advice ladies, I had no intention of buying them unless I was given some proof they were beneficial. I was just hoping that they were helpful. Newt
Topic

*Pumkin seed pancakes

Newt ·
Pumkin seed pancakesThese are really similar to Tia's Italian skillet bread. I found the recipe in Marjorie Hurt Jones'"The allergy self-help cookbook"1c pumkin seeds1c boiling watervanilla (optional_Blend seed in blender and add the boiling water....
Topic

TOXIN SUCKER FOOT PADS, SCAM OR DO THEY REALLY WORK?

Newt ·
HelloSince I have been researching all this candida stuff I have came by adds for square pads that you put on your feet that are suposed to draw out toxins from your body, they are expensive too. I tried searching through old write ups to see if...

Newt ·
Thanks for the advice Tarilee The bike ride is not until July so I have some time. I will be past phase one in April so I will start introducing the ReBars in then. Right now I am just conditioning in the gym mostly. I know I am a spaz for planning so far ahead but this will be the hardest physical thing I have planned to do to date and I want to feel good once I am done as opposed to wanting to die. I was told it is a piece of cake if you have put 1000miles training in before hand. I think...

Newt ·
Thanks Leon, Kaz & Jan, I will look in archive for more info., thought you all answered my questions pretty good. The green star 3000 was the one I was looking at I was at. With as pricey as it is I am glad to hear it is worth it. Jan you crack me up. Saturday I was making tapioca flour in my vitamixer and the lid poped off while I was blending the tapioca. I had little bits of hard snow like stuff everywhere in my kitchen. I am still finding it. Thanks, Newt

Newt ·
Great idea Kaz Thanks. It is so funny but I used to make myself a protien or yogurt shake almost every morning with fruit. Until I actually started practicing the food combining or not combining of fruit with protien well actually the fruit obstaining right now. Anyways since I have eliminated fruit I seemed to eliminate the whole idea of protein shakes all together. I noticed in one of you other postings you mentioned that you juice your vegies. I currently have a vitamixer that rocks. But...

Re: What is with my mood change?

Newt ·
Thanks for all the support and links ladies, I am back to normal if there is such a thing. And I didn't scare my husband away, I don't think I could get rid of him even if I wanted to. I spent all weekend cooking up good food and had a great time. My husband was really digging the new grub. He liked it so much that he made me bring it over to his sisters house when we visited. I was reluctant because I feel a little self-conscious about my new diet. They look at you a little funny if you say...

Re: Is this normal??

Newt ·
Hello Kaz I just had a similar posting last week in the womens health section regarding how irritable and short fused I was. From the sounds of it, this is not uncommon. I have just been having it in bursts. As far as the low energy level that is probably directly related to die off. So as irritating as it is these are all good signs. I do not know how long it will last because I just started too. I imaging it will depend on how long and the severity of your overgrowth. If things are...

Newt ·
Hello Tarilee Thanks for the start I bet I could even make my own electrolite drink from the tablets. As far as a cooler goes, no though I will have a small back pack on my rides so I can probably carry most of my food it just will not stay really cold. Also the 200 mile ride is a two day even so it will not be as intense, thought the hardest thing I will have done to date. For the triathlon I will probably be just fine. The only ones I will be doing are sprint distance(at least that is what...
Topic

any ideas on sport gel & drink alternatives?

Newt ·
HelloThis summer I plan on participating in a 200 mile bike ride and a triathlon. In the past I have used sports gels for extra energy and water additives to increase my electrolites. Is there any brand out there that is okay for us to use? Or does...

Re: *mock potato salad

Newt ·
I just wanted to say that this not potato salad rocks. I didn't think you could have potato salad with out pickles but the lemon juice made it for me. I substituted turnip for half of the kolrabi because I think it mushed more like potatos and it seemed to work great. I have now been informed by my husband's sister that I am going to have to bring it to all our family potlucks. Thanks, Newt

Re: *Jicama-Red Cabbage-Turnip Slaw

Newt ·
This is great slaw. I did altler it a bit and liked what came of it so I thought I would share. I added 2-3T lemon juice and a bit of stevia My husdband thought it helped bring all the flavors together but it tastes good both ways in my opinion. My sister even went for seconds. Thanks Newt

Re: What is with my mood change?

Newt ·
Thanks for the support Jennifer and Sandi. I have cooled off again. I am glad to hear I am not alone, as selfish as that sounds. I took a nice walk at lunch and that seemed to do me some good. I will have to do some research as to why this is actually caused. It is amazing how this stuff will effect you. Newt
Topic

What is with my mood change?

Newt ·
HelloI am not sure if this is hormone related or die off related or both. I notices starting last night I have been a little short fused. I as a little snappy with my husband this morning and I was ready to murder someone over the phone that I was...

Re: For those in need of constant reminders....

Newt ·
Me again, Never mind my question. I looked back Tia's posting from "cleaning ou the system" and found the answer. Looks like you can take them together. Thanks Tia

Disclaimer: Information provided on the Whole Approach website, forum or blog has been obtained from a variety of resources. It is provided for educational purposes only. The information provided by Whole Approach, WholeApproach Representatives, including Tarilee Cornish, should not be considered diagnostic or medical advice. None of the information provided by Whole Approach is intended to replace the guidance of your personal health care practitioners and/or physician. Please consult your licensed medical or naturopathic physician before beginning, or making changes to your supplement, diet or exercise protocol.